Summer is here and we are longing for those outside walks and daydreaming about eating out enjoying our favorite food. Well, today we want to share a recipe worth of any future destinations, a vegan taco recipe to do at home and enjoy!
This is our versatile vegan taco recipe: We are sure you can’t just have one! Healthy and delicious! These falafels have a crunchy outside and they are soft and chewy on the inside, what a treat! And a great idea to fill your taco shells. We suggest a sriracha tahini sauce, keep on reading and try our recipe! We-Love-To-Eat-Amazing-Vegan-Food.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes | COOK TIME: 25 minute | YIELD: 9 tacos
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons oat flour
- olive or avocado oil cooking spray
- 10 taco shells
- 1-2 cups lettuce
- tomato slices
- other taco fillings
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Add chickpeas, onion, garlic, oil, parsley, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, salt and cayenne into a food processor to mix. Leave a few chunks of chickpeas for a nice texture. Stir in baking soda and oat flour.
- Scoop spoonfuls of mixture out and form into small patties or balls. You should get about 15, put them on the baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, turn patties around and bake for another 10-12 minutes or until falafel are golden and cooked through.
- Stuff a little lettuce in each taco shell, then stuff about 2-3 patties into each taco shell.
- Top with tomato slices and any other taco fillings you would like to use (cucumber, avocado, bell pepper, etc.).
- Drizzle the taco with the sriracha tahini sauce (recipe below) and serve warm. Enjoy!
Sriracha Tahini Sauce:
- ¼ cup tahini sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1-2 tablespoon Sriracha
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
Sriracha tahini sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or if using an immersion blender, a small bowl.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Chill until ready to use. Enjoy!
Let us know how it goes with this delicious vegan taco recipe! We hope they are on your list of favorites soon! Enjoy and thank you!
Sign up for our email list so that you receive new easy vegan recipes!