Hi there! What a joy to be sharing our favorite recipes with you! Today we have an easy vegan pancake recipe! Simply p-e-r-f-e-c-t-!
These vegan pancakes will be great for anyone following a vegan diet. We have decided to replace all-purpose flour with almond flour for our gluten-free recipe. No eggs or milk either!
Pancakes are such a treat any time of the day to share or just eat on your own. With these 6 ingredients we present you today, you will have a great recipe and we hope you use it many times adjusting the flavors and quantities according to your taste.
You may think that swapping some of the ingredients from such a simple recipe could ruin it, and at our kitchen here in Ekoa we found that to be the opposite.
- Almond flour is low in carbs and is gluten free, making it a great option for those with celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
- If you want to use all-purpose flour, use just half of it and with this change in the vegan pancake recipe (it make take longer for the pancakes to brown).
- You can always use any vegetable oil you have at hand. We like to use coconut oil for its health benefits and taste.
We can assure you: With this vegan pancake recipe, your pancakes will be light and delicious!
Vegan Pancake Recipe
- 2½ cups Almond Flower
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1¼ cups Water
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
- Whisk the water and oil together in a small bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet. Stir until blended. In this vegan pancake recipe, the mixture will be lumpy.
- Heat a lightly oiled pan over medium-high heat.
- Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto the pan, and cook until bubbles form and edges are dry. Flip, and cook until browned on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes, add your toppings: Fruit? We love sliced bananas, maybe some blueberries, an Ekoa Bar? Try them with nuts and dried coconut. We can’t wait for you to try our recipe.
Let us know how it goes with this vegan pancake recipe in the comments section below. We hope to help you creating you own recipes for a more nutritious diet and lifestyle!
Sign up for our email list so that you receive new easy vegan recipes!