Here at Ekoa, we know pineapple is more than just a delicious tropical fruit and a great ingredient for our bars: It offers health benefits for your immune system, bones and digestion. And, despite their sweetness, pineapples are low in calories.
Discover its health benefits:
Improve your Digestive System
Do you have digestive problems? Can pineapple improve digestion? Well, pineapple is high in fibre, which is important for a healthy digestive system. There is also research into the anti-inflammatory effect of bromelain contained in pineapples on some digestive tissue, so add it to your regular diet. Pineapples have proved to sooth inflammatory bowel diseases by reducing gut inflammation and preventing diarrhea.
High in Vitamins and Minerals
Including calcium, manganese and vitamins A and C, as well as folic acid and small amounts of iron and zinc.
- Pineapple provides important nutrients during pregnancy: Your copper requirements increase to 1 mg per day to support the increase in blood flow and helps the development of your baby’s heart, blood vessels, and skeletal and nervous systems. Other healthy vitamins pineapple has which help the proper growth and development of your baby:
- vitamin B1 (thiamine)
- vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)
- vitamin B9 (folate)
- It is an excellent source of Vitamin C, other antioxidants for your blood vessels, skin, organs bones and aids in the collagen synthesis.
- Pineapple has a high level of manganese, which is an essential for energy production. It helps your body use key nutrients including thiamine and helps your body synthesise fatty foods.
- Vitamin A and Beta-Carotene is found in the healthy pineapple. It helps your immune system, eyesight and protects from free radicals.
- In pineapples, you can also find: Copper, which helps red blood cell synthesis and
- Potassium, which assists in controlling the heart rate and blood pressure.
Perfect Weight Loss Food
Pineapple has been found to be low in calories, sodium, saturated fats and cholesterol, and as we mentioned before is a source of fibre, so it’s the perfect weight loss food. Take a look at our healthy pineapple Ekoa bars for some tasty and nutritious snack.