Did you know that dancing is one of the best ways to stay healthy and diminish levels of stress? During this time when everyone is self-quarantining at home, simple activities such as dancing can have a good impact to mental and physical health.
Studies have shown that dancing dance can help you lose weight, stay flexible, reduce stress, make friends, and more. For the introverts, now may be a good time to practice without judgments and enjoy all the health benefits dancing can give you.
Health benefits of dancing include:
- Improved condition of your heart and lungs
- Diminish depression
- Increased aerobic fitness
- Improved muscle tone and strength
- Weight management
- Stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- Better coordination, agility and flexibility
- Improved balance and spatial awareness
- Increased physical confidence
- Improved mental functioning
- Improved general and psychological well-being
- Greater self-confidence and self-esteem
- Reduce stress.
Need some inspiration to leave the couch? Check out our Spotify playlist Move Your Body. Don’t forget to grab your favorite Ekoa fruit bar for natural energy to rock your moves!