We have been asked by many customers if our Ekoa Bars can also be used as a recipe ingredient and our happy answer is YES!! Ekoa Bars are naturally sweet: during the dehydration process, the water evaporates, and the fructose caramelizes giving dried fruits the most delicious and complex flavor in the process.
Whether enjoying the bars as a snack or incorporating it to a recipe, the nutritional benefits of Ekoa Bars are a great reason to add them to your diet any way you can! Below we share with you a Raw Vegan Carrot Cake made with Ekoa Coconut Bars with a delicious and creamy vegan frosting.
This Raw Cake is an easy vegan recipe that can be made with a food processor in less than 30 minutes. You can also transform it in small cake bites by rolling the “dough” and enjoying them as treats anytime. Substitute the 04 bars for 2 cups of pitted dates if you prefer to save your bars to enjoy separately.
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4 chopped Ekoa Coconut Bars
- 2 ½ cups raw walnuts
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch of all spice
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 ¼ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Soak the cashews in hot water for 30 minutes to an hour. Drain the cashews and add them to a high-speed blender along with coconut cream, lemon juice, maple syrup, and vanilla and blend them for 60 sec in high speed. Cover and refrigerate to chill.
2. To a large food processor, add the walnuts, vanilla, salt, and spices. Blend until ingredients are crushed and mixed. Then add the chopped Ekoa Coconut Bar, along with the shredded carrots, and pulse for 1 second until a loose dough form and the carrot are incorporated. Be careful not to over-blend.
3. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add coconut flour and raising and stir to combine. Once well combine, set aside.
4. Cover a 7-9 ich springform pan with parchment paper along the bottom and sides. Add the cake mixture, spreading and pressing down to form an even layer. You can use a flat-bottom object to help pressing.
5. Pour the frosting on top and freeze it for 3-4 hour or until the frosting is semi-firm to the touch. To serve, makes sure the cake isn’t fully frozen so it’s soft enough to cut. Enjoy!