Many people in our community have told us that our Ekoa Banana Bar taste just like Banana Bread and we totally agree. Our bars are made 100% from whole bananas and nothing else, being naturally sweetened with the sugar from the fruit and keeping all the magical flavors of a ripe banana condensed in a rectangular shape.
As you already know, we love bananas and healthy snacks. What better way to find combine these two than in an easy gluten-free & protein-packed banana bread? Surely it won’t taste as good as an Ekoa Banana Bar, but we’ll like to hear your thoughts on that!
To make any recipe healthy, it is imperative that you check ingredients label. For example, the almond butter should have 01 ingredient only: almonds! This is what makes the Ekoa Fruit Bars the best healthy snack you have in your pantry, having only 1-3 ingredients and nothing else.
We will share below a simple and easy recipe, but feel free to be creative and add any other ingredient of your preference to the batch (cinnamon, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.). Or even make it vegan by replacing the eggs with flax seed eggs and using plant-based protein powder.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes | COOK TIME: 30 minutes | YIELD: 1 loaf
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- ¾ almond butter
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein of choice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas and eggs until combined. Add the almond butter and melted coconut oil to the mix, whisking it for 2 minutes until all ingredients are combined.
- Add the coconut flour and mix for 1 minute.
- Add the protein powder and mix it for another minute or two.
- Add baking powder and baking soda to the batch, mixing it until all ingredients are combined. The consistency should be thick and creamy. You can add any other ingredient of your preference, such as cinnamon and nuts.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and place it in the oven, baking it for 30 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.