We’ve already listed here our Favorite Vegan Snacks of all times and given you a list of great Snacks Subscription Boxes full of healthy snacks so you don’t have to worry about reading all the labels at the supermarket.
However, if meal prep and calorie counting are a part of your routine (which we absolutely love) you should seriously consider having these healthy snacks around. They can save you a lot of time and extra pounds!
We put together a list of our must-have healthy office snacks so you don’t have to overthink it. We hope you like it and share with us know your favorite in the comment section below!
Best Healthy Snack Ideas For Work:
1. Nuts & Dried Fruit: O-b-v-i-o-u-s-l-y we want you to have Ekoa Fruit Bars around, but not only because they are delish, but also because they are high fiber snacks that give you natural energy to tackle your tasks.
Pairing an Ekoa Bar and a pack of Blue Diamond Almonds Whole Natural Raw Almonds 100 Calorie makes a good option for nutrient-rich and satisfying snack anytime.
2. Beef Jerky: Just like dried fruits, beef jerky are dried to give you the portability of whole foods for your convenience. Our favorite? Country Archer’s Original Beef Jerky , with 11g of protein per serving (33g per bag!) and made with grass-fed beef.
3. Popcorn: Oogie’s Popcorn are all natural, cholesterol free, gluten-free, trans-fat free, made with 100% whole grain, and not genetically modified. We love all flavors that come in the Big Bag Popcorn Variety Pack , so we’ll have you try and decide it for yourself.
4. Oatmeal packets: Great cost-benefit snack to have around, oatmeal packets are easy to make, high fiber snacks, and price accessible. Quaker Instant Oatmeal 4 flavors variety pack with 48 packets sell for only $8.88 on Amazon. With less sugar than the traditional, they range from 100 – 120 calories per bag with no artificial preservatives, sweeteners, or added colors.
4. Greek Yogurt Bars: Yes, you heard it right: Yogurt Bars! They are a sensational novelty that add healthy snacks to your diet in a delicious way. Clio Yogurt Bars are covered with chocolate and have the perfect serving size for a quick snack. Find them at your local Walmart or at cliosnacks.com
5. Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups: With only 5g of sugar, Unreal Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups are vegan, have no dairy ingredients, no sugar alcohols, and no preservatives. They come individually wrapped so you can control how much you want to have.
6. Oat Milk: As an alternative to traditional chocolate milk, Elmhurst Chocolate Milk Oats are a good vegan snack option and come in a 11oz option so you can easily fit in your lunch bag and take it work. Buy it here.
7. Protein Shake: If you want to maximize your protein intake you probably have these on hand at all times. Muscle Milk 100 Calorie Protein Nutrition Shake has got you covered with 20g of protein including 9 essential amino acids which the body can’t produce. And you can even pair one up with your favorite Ekoa Bar for a balanced and fiber-rich snack and still fit in your calorie count!
PRO TIPS FOR CHOOSING HEALTHY SNACKS
- Stick to a routine: Overthinking what you will eat can mess up with your progress. Stick to what you know that satisfied your hunger and preferences.
- Love what you eat: Don’t go for a protein powder + water option if you hate drinking it. Finding ways to truly enjoy your food will create long-lasting healthy habits.
- Portion control: All things in excess are harmful to your health, even too many Ekoa Bars! Allow yourself to have what you like in moderation, keeping in mind the calorie intake.
- Read the Label: Don’t judge a book by its cover: check what’s inside! Not all cauliflower snacks are better than potato chips and not all snack bars are created equal. Start by checking the serving size, then check out the total calories and the ingredients list.